Irish Live Streaming Sites
Sports betting can be a fun, enjoyable and potentially profitable hobby. In Ireland, there are loads of online sportsbooks where you can place bets on all manner of sports. Lots of these offer live streaming, which can greatly enhance the sports betting experience. With live streaming, you get to watch real-time broadcasts of select events.
Top Irish Live Streaming Sites for 2023:
Get a huge €100 bonus
Live streaming on horse and greyhound racing along with football and more.
BetVictor offer a €100 100% Match Free Bet!
BetVictor are well known for their live streaming across many sports including football, tennis, basketball and cricket.
Huge €30 free bet
Founded in 1934, William Hill offer an amazing range of live streaming options.
Get up to €30 in Free Bets
New Customers only. Bet €10* & Get €30* in Free Bets. Sign up, deposit between €5* and €10* to your account and bet365 will give you three times that value in Free Bets when you place qualifying bets to the same value and they are settled. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits. Min odds/bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. T&Cs, time limits & exclusions apply.
LeoVegas Sports offers €30 in Free Bets!
While LeoVegas has a limited sports selection, they do offer some good live streaming.
Coral offer a €20 free bet
Get great live streaming options on football matches.
Ladbrokes offer customers a €20 free bet
Ladbrokes are well known for their live streaming and offer great football options.
Unibet offer €40 Sports and €10 Casino Bonus
Unibet offer excellent racing live streaming options, with different apps for sports, casino and poker fans.
€50 in Free Bets!
BoyleSports offer a huge amount of live streaming options, especially on Irish racing.
If you’re intrigued and want to learn more, carry on reading. We’ll explain the ins and outs of live streaming and then show you some of the best online sportsbooks in Ireland that offer it. To start, we’ll look at live betting and how it compares to pre-match betting, then we’ll move on to live streaming itself.
Live Betting vs Pre-Match Betting
All bets at online sportsbooks can be split into two categories: live and pre-match. Live bets are placed once a race, match or competition has begun. Pre-match bets, on the other hand, are placed before the start of the event. Even though these bets are commonly called ‘pre-match’, they refer to bets placed before all types of events, not just matches.
Of the two types of betting, pre-match betting is the most common. For pretty much every market, most, if not all, of the betting options will be of the pre-match category. That being said, there are a large number of sites where live betting is available.
So how do these two types of betting compare? Have a look at the table below to find out:
More often than not, the odds will experience lots of changes as the event gets underway. They may have lots of sudden increases and decreases in value
The odds stay the same and only experience minor changes if something happens in the run-up to the event, e.g. a player getting injured
Very exciting and unpredictable; your experience is largely determined by how the event plays out
Not as exciting since you’re just placing a bet days, weeks or even months in advance and hoping for the best
You’re put on the spot and haven’t got time to research whatever it is you’re betting on; you have to use the knowledge you’ve got
Plenty of time to do research and make sensible decisions that should hopefully result in successful bets
When the event starts, you haven’t already backed a competitor. You’re therefore still got time to decide and can base your decision on what happens
Once you’ve placed your bet, there’s no changing it; your favourite may not be so likely to win by the time the event happens
Live Streaming Explained
Live streaming is where a match, race or competition is broadcast in real time. There are lots of live streaming betting sites where you can watch live footage of an event playing out. When you’re signed in, you can watch the action through your sports betting site account; there’s usually no extra charge to do this.
Lots of Irish online sportsbooks have live streaming so that punters can watch events through the sportsbook’s own betting platform, rather than watching them elsewhere. Even though a typical betting site can have a few dozen markets, you usually only have live streams for a small number of them; usually just a handful of major markets such as:
- Watch matches from major tournaments such as the FIFA World Cup, the UEFA Champions League and the League of Ireland
- Horse Racing
- Watch races from some of the biggest horse racing events such as the Irish Derby, the Irish Champion Stakes and the Irish Oaks, among others
- Watch matches from key events in Ireland’s tennis calendar such as the South of Ireland Open Tennis Championship and the Irish Open
Thanks to live streaming, you can easily watch sporting events in real time while on the go. When you’re out for the day, you can keep up with your favourite sports and watch the latest events as they happen. If you can’t make it to the event or can’t get to a TV, live streaming can fill the gap by enabling you to watch it from your phone or computer.
Requirements for Live Streaming
In order to watch live streams on your computer or phone, it’ll need the following:
- Uninterrupted internet access. When you stream something, your device is constantly downloading data from the internet. It therefore needs a sturdy connection to the internet so it can keep the stream going. The connection speed should also be pretty fast
- A HTML5-based operating system or Flash. Your device will need either of these in order to stream live events. Fortunately, most modern computers and phones come with one of these built-in, so your device should already be capable of handling streams
- A funded account. A lot of online sportsbooks require you to have money in your account before you watch live streams; usually just €1 is required. If you’ve recently placed a bet, the requirement to have money in your account is usually waived
There may be additional/different requirements. They vary from one betting site to the next. More often than not, watching live streams is completely free. However, some sites may charge a small fee or require your bet to be of a minimum amount or more.
So long as you have a good computer or phone with a steady internet connection, you should have no problems with live streaming. If there are any issues, you should contact the sportsbook’s customer support team. They’ll be able to troubleshoot your problem and get things fixed for you.
Top Live Streaming Betting Sites in Ireland
In Ireland, the laws to do with online gambling are very relaxed. People living in the country therefore have access to a wide range of internet-based gambling opportunities from casino games to sports betting and more. The number of websites offering sports betting is large and it’s steadily growing.
Looking through all the choices and deciding on one for yourself can take up a lot of time. Plus, if you’re new to sports betting, you may not know how to tell which sites are worth signing up to and which ones aren’t.
We’ve put in the hours and done the hard work to save you time. Below you’ll find our list of recommended Irish live streaming betting sites. Each one of our selections is a top online sportsbook that offers plenty of markets to bet on and, of course, live streaming. Have a look through the list and see which of our choices appeals to you the most.
888Sport is a well-established online sportsbook that’s been welcoming bets from keen punters since launching in 2008. It’s one of several brands that belong to the company 888 Holdings PLC, which is based in Gibraltar. The site offers a broad range of betting markets and its live streaming options cover all horse and greyhound races in the UK and Ireland, along with races in the US, Australia and France.
- Excellent live streaming coverage
- Plenty of betting markets to choose from
- Apps for mobile devices are highly rated
- Developed and maintained by a top gambling brand
- The welcome bonus for new customers isn’t that generous
BetVictor is an online casino and sportsbook that’s designed with users in mind. It has a simple layout and minimal clutter and is easy on the eye. Those who are new to gambling shouldn’t have any problems finding their way around or getting used to the site. Become a member for access to a wide range of top betting markets and lots of enjoyable casino games. In terms of live streaming, there’s football, tennis, basketball and cricket matches all available to be streamed.
- Live streaming is available for four major sports
- Competitive odds are available for many sports
- New punters can claim a generous welcome bonus
- The apps for mobile devices are user friendly and well designed
- The loyalty club doesn’t offer many bonuses
William Hill is one of the best-known gambling brands in the UK. Since launching back in 1934, it’s grown to become a major player in the gambling industry. While it’s known for its betting shops, of which there are more than 1,400, its website is also pretty popular with punters. It’s readily accessible in Ireland and has a wealth of gambling opportunities available, including a range of exciting casino games. There’s live streaming for horse and greyhound racing along with tennis, hockey, football and some other sports.
- Live streaming is available for a good range of markets
- Wide choice of betting markets
- Lots of bonuses are waiting to be claimed
- Run by a popular, well-established gambling brand
- No VIP club or loyalty scheme
- The site’s welcome offer for new customers isn’t the best
10bet is a gambling brand that’s entirely online; the company doesn’t own any physical betting shops at all. The website launched in 2003 and offers users a simple, no-nonsense online sports betting experience. There are many different markets to bet on with a good range of live streaming options for some of the bigger ones. There’s also a collection of casino games including slots, table games and live dealer games.
- Live streaming with commentary available for many events
- The site design is of a high standard
- The Ten Club has plenty of rewards and bonuses for loyal customers
- The processing times for withdrawals could be faster
Bet365 is a successful gambling website that’s been up and running since 2000. It’s predominantly a sportsbook with dozens of markets you can bet on, though it also offers casino games, live dealer games, bingo and poker. Phone and tablet users can access the mobile site or download the app. Live streaming is available for lots of top markets from horse and greyhound racing to football, tennis, darts and more.
- Lots of gambling opportunities are available on the platform
- Excellent live streaming coverage
- Developed by a leading gambling brand with a great reputation
- Plenty of promotions to take advantage of
- Doesn’t currently have a loyalty scheme of any kind
LeoVegas is a popular online gambling destination. The site was launched in 2011 by a Swedish company and while it’s available on desktop and mobile, the company’s aim has been to promote its mobile offerings more. There’s both a mobile-friendly site and apps for the iOS and Android operating systems. LeoVegas Sports has a few dozen markets with live streaming offered for football, tennis, basketball, snooker, badminton and more.
- A highly rated site with lots of gambling opportunities
- Live streaming is available for many different sporting events
- The VIP program for loyal players is very rewarding
- Competitive odds are offered to lots of top sports
- Withdrawal wait times aren’t the fastest
At Coral, live streaming is available for lots of sports from football and basketball to snooker, darts, ice hockey and more. The site is maintained by the Coral gambling brand, which is a leading company with close to a hundred years of experience; it started back in 1926 with the opening of the first Coral betting shop.
- Lots of options available for live streaming
- A good line-up of betting markets
- Established company with nearly a century of experience
- Doesn’t currently have a VIP club
Ladbrokes has a lengthy history and is one of the longest-running gambling brands, with its first betting shop opening back in 1886. Nowadays, the brand is very well known and both its shops and its website are highly rated. The site has dozens of betting markets and plenty of other types of gambling such as casino games, bingo and poker. Live streaming is offered for a range of top markets such as football, tennis, basketball and darts.
- Good range of options for live streaming
- A trusted betting brand with an extensive history
- Lots of gambling opportunities are available on the site
- Plenty of promotions running with generous bonuses
- Live chat isn’t always available
Unibet is a successful gambling site that’s been around a lot longer than most others. It’s been running since 1999, just a few years after the first online casinos launched. There are lots of markets to bet on and with UniBet TV, you can live stream a wide range of key matches, races and events from several major sports. Casino games, bingo and poker are also available on the site.
- The blog has lots of great posts aimed at anyone interested in gambling
- Separate apps for sports betting, casino games and poker
- Impressive number of promotions for new and existing customers
- The wagering requirements for the welcome bonus could be lower
The company that operates the BoyleSports website has been going for 33 years and has plenty of industry experience. As well as the site, it owns a few hundred betting shops, some of which can be found in Ireland. The site is focused on sports betting, though it offers casino games, bingo, poker, fantasy games and even lotteries. Live streaming is available for many markets including football, tennis and e-sports, among others.
- A large number of betting markets plus many other gambling opportunities
- The site design is of a good standard
- A great option for live streaming with many big events streamed
- You have to visit a BoyleSports betting shop to earn loyalty rewards
Picking the Right Betting Site For You
Once you’ve looked through our list of recommended online sportsbooks with live streaming, you may not have decided which one to join. If this is the case, don’t worry. Sometimes it can be hard to pick a sportsbook when you’re presented with lots of options.
To help you make your mind up, there are a number of factors you can take into account when looking at different live streaming betting sites:
- Live Betting Options
- One of the most important factors to consider. If you’re going to join a sportsbook, it should at least offer live streaming for your favourite sport. There should be live streaming options for the biggest, most popular events in your favourite sport
- You should also think about what sports you want to bet on. The line-up of markets varies from one sportsbook to the next. Not all of them have live streaming, but it’s good to have lots of markets accessible in case you want to do some pre-match betting
- We’ve already talked about how live betting odds can fluctuate a lot. Even so, it’s a good idea to join a sportsbook whose pre-match betting odds are competitive. If these odds are better than what other sites have, there’s a good chance that its live betting odds will be better too
- Other Gambling Opportunities
- Some people just want to gamble by placing bets on sports. Others like having access to other types of gambling such as casino games and bingo. Think about what you want from a sports betting site and whether you’d like it to offer other gambling types
- Bonuses and Promotions
- All online sportsbooks in Ireland hand out bonuses to both new and existing punters. The purpose of these is to encourage new customers to sign up and to keep existing customers from joining other sites. Bonuses should be generous and regular with reasonable terms and conditions
- Customer Support
- Sign up to one of our recommended live streaming betting sites and nothing major should go wrong. However, it’s always good to have quick and easy access to customer support should anything happen, or if you have some questions. An ideal sports betting site should have a reliable customer support system with several convenient ways of getting in touch
- Mobile Compatibility
- Gambling on the go is hugely popular, especially with live streaming so widely available. Just about every online sportsbook has a mobile-friendly site you can access on your smartphone and tablet; some of them even have their own app that can be downloaded
- Safety and Security
- This is a very important point to consider. You should only ever gamble at a site that’s fully licensed and can be trusted. All the sites we promote meet these criteria. Therefore, you can sign up to any of our recommendations and your money and details should be well protected at all times