Best Online Casinos in Ireland
When it comes to online gambling, it’s fair to say that the market has exploded in recent years. As the internet continues to develop alongside the many devices available on the market these days, the online casino experience is only getting stronger and more accessible than ever before. For a period not so long ago, there were serious concerns about the safety of online casinos but we are now more secure online and we know what sites to trust. Therefore, we can all enjoy the thrills and emotions that come along with a visit to a regular casino without leaving the house.
When looking for the best Irish online casinos, you will notice that they offer slots and all the most popular table games in addition to some new games that have been developed for the online platforms. In Ireland, the biggest websites partner with the largest software providers to allow for the ultimate experience for all consumers. Nowadays, the software is cutting-edge and players can enjoy a fast-paced, action-packed experience. However, there is one big problem; the sheer amount of options from which to choose.
Luckily, we have compiled a complete guide to Irish online casinos so the confusion can be left behind. Whether you need to know where the best games are or how to make a deposit, stick with us today because this ultimate guide will have all the information you will ever want and need for the year ahead. In addition to this, we can help with FAQs and useful tips to keep your experience as an enjoyable one.
Finding the Best Irish Online Casino
In truth, this question is a bit like asking for your favourite song or film because there are just so many on offer. Despite this, we are going to provide some tips for choosing the best option and it starts with game selection. When researching the different online casinos, you need to see exactly what games are on offer because this will decide the fun you have after signing up. As well as the traditional games, you should look for a site that is constantly investing in new games and new ideas so you won’t be left behind.
After this, you then need to consider the welcome bonus. Often, people will decide on a website purely by the welcome bonus but you have to remember that this is only a one-time offer. What’s the use in getting a really great welcome bonus when they have hardly any of the classic casino games? If you find a handful of websites that offer both the games and bonus, you can then look into the more obscure features and judge them by your own preferences.
For example, you might want to look into the mobile options they provide, the payout rate, and whether it has good reviews. If a website has 1,000 reviews with an average rating of 2.3 stars, it doesn’t bode well considering this is where you will be spending your money. On the flip side, a brand with a mobile app and really good reviews can be considered. As long as you are careful with this decision and consider all factors, it isn’t actually as daunting as it first seems.
Top 7 Online Casinos:
|1st||MansionCasino||100% welcome bonus||Claim
|2nd||888casino||€88 no deposit bonus||Claim
|3rd||Bet365 Casino||New player offer||Claim
|4th||Leo Vegas||200% welcome bonus||Claim
|5th||Casino Room||100% welcome bonus||Claim
|6th||William Hill Casino||€300 Welcome Bonus||Claim
|7th||Boylesports Casino||€300 Buy In Bonus||Claim
Safety of Online Casinos
As we mentioned in the introduction, there has been concerns regarding safety in the past. However, these are always going to exist and we would be concerned if they didn’t exist because there are sites where people spend their hard-earned money. This being said, the top online casinos in the market take huge steps to keep their players safe and this is important.
Starting when you enter your information into the website, most online casinos will keep this information protected from third parties. Furthermore, encryptions are in place for financial transactions to prevent virtual theft which is one of the biggest concerns of all. After this, there are various other precautions set up to keep all players safe and secure.
Are Online Casinos Legal in Ireland?
In short, yes. Back in 1931, the ‘Betting Act’ was released in Ireland and this began to regulate the legalised gambling that occurred in the country. Of course, the introduction of the internet and various gambling platforms meant that this had to be updated and overhauled in 2015 but the same premise remains. In the law, there are various details regarding taxation as well as licensing for all casinos and betting websites. For an online casino to be legal in Ireland, they must be granted one of the three main licenses by the Irish government. As long as this is in place, they can operate and you can be secure in the knowledge that they are legitimate.
Irish Gambling License
In recent times, there has been a lot of confusion as to whether this is needed by online casinos. In the 2015 amendment, this license is necessary for all gambling services set up for the public. Available for a fee, the companies need to have them renewed every two years and there are severe penalties in place for those services who are found without a license including imprisonment and large fines. As mentioned previously, there are three different types of license available depending on the service offered. As well as retail bookmakers, there are also licenses for betting exchanges and remote betting services.
Our favorite casinos
These casinos offer great sign-up bonuses, aswell as holding valid licences.
Online Casino Reviews
When researching the best online casinos on the web, we suggested that you read reviews. Although customer reviews are quite easy to understand, reviews from agencies and other websites can be a little more tricky because you start to question the legitimacy of it all. On our website, we are completely impartial and have no attachments to any gambling companies so you can be happy with our reviews but what about other sites?
First and foremost, a credible online casino review should start by telling you where the website is available including countries. In some examples, there will be sites that aren’t legal in certain areas of the globe so this is important. After the legality has been seen, the next step is the security and safety of the online casinos. From here, they can move onto the more personal preferences but only after these two key subjects have been addressed.
For many players, the amount of games on offer will be important whereas other people might be more interested in sign-up bonuses or even customer service. Additionally, the design of the website and app can be crucial to the enjoyment as can the payout rates compared to other sites on the web. Once you find a site that provides credible reviews, you can trust them for all other reviews and start to form an opinion for the best Irish online casinos.
Most Popular Online Casino Games
So far, we have spoken of the ‘popular’ and ‘classic’ games but what exactly are these?
- Blackjack – Despite being incredibly simple, millions of people try to reach 21 every single day all around the world. As a universal game, it can bring real excitement whilst cutting down playing time with each round taking a minute at most. Nowadays, there are also variants of blackjack enjoyed by many.
- Online Slots – In 2017, this remains as the most popular online casino game. For the software providers, this is one they work on all-year round to try and top previous instalments. Every year, we see the introduction of new titles and you will find this available on the majority of websites.
- Baccarat – In physical casinos, this is a game that often went unplayed but has gained the respect and admiration of players since the arrival of online platforms. For many years, it paled in comparison to blackjack but the gap is quickly reducing.
- Roulette – Known as perhaps the most simple of casino games, this remains as popular as ever online and people seem to enjoy the fact that they can talk with other players on the same table via a chat function.
- Craps – Whether played online or offline, this is a game with thrills every minute and certainly catches the eye. Currently, it isn’t available on as many platforms as slots or blackjack but you will find it often if you look hard enough.
Live Dealer Games – Finally, these games take advantage of video streaming and HD quality video. Essentially, you watch and play along with a live dealer but without having to even move from the sofa.
Regardless of the changes we have seen in the casino world, blackjack and roulette seem to be the two classics that will never fall in popularity. Away from this, there has been a few surprises including baccarat which most companies refused to add online at first because they weren’t popular in physical casinos. Of course, slots are simple, enjoyable, exciting, and efficient which puts them in a league above the rest.
Found on nearly every single online casino, slots seem to be the main attraction for most gamblers. As we progress through time, live action events are proving to be popular too because we seem to trust these more than computer animation.
Creators of Casino Games
While the online casinos are the ones that present the information and allow their players to gamble, there are a few companies that work behind the scenes and actually create the software that allows it all to happen. For example, companies like Net Entertainment, Playtech, and Microgaming are known for their development contributions to online casinos. As well as the software, they also look after much of the backend side. Of the three, Net Entertainment seems to be the biggest with other names also worth a mention; Quickspin, Ash Gaming, Thunderkick, Yggdrasil, and Evolution Gaming.
Top 5 Online Table Games
After signing up, you might wonder what the best table games to play may be so we have listed five below!
- European Roulette – In this variation, there is just one zero on the table and it has a huge following all around the world. Across the Irish sites, you will see this as one of the main offerings and it is incredibly simple with just one spin of the wheel required.
- American Roulette – Although the same premise exists, this table game is slightly different in that you have two zeroes and it therefore creates more risk for the player. Over time, you can play both to see which one you prefer.
- Blackjack – Ever since it was first played many generations ago, blackjack has always been a simple game with one simple rule – get to 21. Therefore, it only requires a player, a dealer, and one set of cards. Offering both skill and excitement, the game translates really well across to the internet and the industry is now starting to introduce live dealer games. For those who only have a spare ten minutes, this is the perfect game to dip into.
- Craps – Although a little more complicated than the three we have provided so far, Craps is equally fun and great for excitement. Due to its complex nature, the move across to the online world has been a difficult one but the game can still be enjoyed nonetheless.
- Three Card Poker – Finally, this is a game that is often called the ‘most profitable’ table game and it is a variant of classic poker. If you know the rules and are looking to make serious money, this is perhaps your best chance at doing so.
Creating an Account
After following our tips, you should find your chosen online casino and now it is time to create an account. To start, you will need to enter some personal information before then choosing a method to deposit your first amount. When it comes to personal information, you should expect to provide the following; name, DOB, gender, phone, email, and address. After this, you will then need to enter the usual username, password, security questions, and betting currency.
How to Deposit
Nowadays, the online casinos have made it easy to deposit money so you can get started within minutes. Of course, the process will differ slightly depending on the site you use but here is the general idea;
- On the site, you will find a financial page where all transitions take place including deposits and withdrawals.
- From here, you should be able to choose the deposit method you wish to use whether it is from PayPal or a credit/debit card.
- If they accept your chosen method, they should then show you any restrictions or time restraints you have for this deposit method. After reading these, enter the appropriate details.
- After this, you need to decide on how much money you want to deposit to start. Before you go rushing in, don’t forget that you will need to deposit a certain amount to meet the welcome bonus criteria; make sure you know this before starting the process.
- After confirming, it should process your deposit and you should see it within your balance with the added welcome bonus.
Best Options for Depositing
As we said, there are now more options than ever for depositing meaning that you don’t necessarily need to enter your bank details.
- Credit/Debit Cards – Before we head into the newer options, let’s start with the classic and one that will take the money straight from your account and put it into your online casino account. Nowadays, these cards are used all around the world so are likely to be accepted regardless of make or type. For example, VISA and MasterCard are most common but you could also use Discover, American Express, and many others.
- Prepaid Cards – If you prefer not to enter all of your banking details, another option would be to utilise prepaid cards. Offering more security, this method is quickly gaining more interest and many Irish online casinos accept them. For example, Paysafecard is a popular option.
- eWallets – Just as the name suggests, eWallets are a place to hold your money online before putting it somewhere else. With online casinos, they accept the likes of Skrill (which was once known as MoneyBookers) and NETELLER.
- Phone Payments – With the advancements in phones, this is a fairly new method and allows customers to pay with services like Zimpler and Boku. Essentially, you set the service up through your phone and then pay for things online using this same service.
- Bank Transfers – For many years, the direct bank transfer has been common for many online platforms and the online casino did not escape this. Again, this is a safe option and the technology that surrounds it continues to improve.
- Bitcoin – At first, this ‘cryptocurrency’ was a little confusing to the world and the whole process seemed rather mysterious. However, we now know that it is extremely secure and offers numerous benefits. In recent years, online gambling in Ireland has decided to embrace the idea and now we can all deposit money into our accounts using the system.
Online Casino Fees
When first looking into online casinos, this is a popular question and a good one because we never want to spend more money than necessary. For the most part, there are no fees when depositing money into an account but you should always read the small print before proceeding. In truth, charges are rare nowadays for most methods but can still be found with bank transfers as well as PayPal.
In Ireland and across the world, most betting sites and online casinos will have some type of limit to the amount you can deposit. If you only plan on playing a little bit every couple of weeks, the limit shouldn’t affect you because it is more targeted towards those who play every day. For example, some will limit €10,000 while others go for €300 per day. Furthermore, you might see a difference in the limits depending on your chosen method. While eWallet services are happy to see you deposit quite heavily throughout the day, something like Paysafecard is more likely to stop you at some point.
This is advice you hope you will need, right? Much like depositing, withdrawing winnings from your account is also very simple nowadays and most sites suggest that you use the same method as your deposits. For example, any deposits with VISA will see your withdrawals go into the same account. Unfortunately, MasterCard is fairly limited with withdrawals despite being a major option for deposits. If you used this method to deposit, you will probably need to choose something else for withdrawals.
When you go to withdraw your winnings, you should see that there are no charges whatsoever; this can be said for eWallets, credit/debit cards, and most other solutions. However, the slightly more obscure methods like PayPal may see a small percentage or fixed fee kept by the online casino.
Ultimately, the amount of time you will wait to receive the withdrawal will completely depend on the site you are using. On the whole, we can suggest an average of 3-5 days as it needs to process. For those that have a particular focus on customer service and fast withdrawals, it can take as little as two days but there are also companies that can only promise a week.
Again, this will very much depend on the online casino but most will have some form of limit on all withdrawals. Whether it is per day, week, or month, you will need to plan your withdrawals if you play regularly and win frequently. For credit/debit cards as well as eWallets, some will go to €1,000 while others go all the way up to €3,000. For those that set monthly limits, this amount can be significantly higher.
Best Paying Casinos
For many players, this is one of the most important factors because it can alter how much money can be earned. Although it surprises many, the payout rate can actually vary depending on what site you choose and even between different games. For example, slots average between 96% and 98% whereas some other games average less.
Progressive Jackpots (Slots)
In Ireland and many other countries, people tend to look for the online games that have progressive jackpots. When sites are known for offering large jackpots, they find it a lot easier to attract new players and we have four main examples here today. In addition to Mega Fortune at All Irish Casino, you should look out for Beach Life at William Hill, Mega Moolah at Leo Vegas, and Hall of Gods at Royal Panda.
When you win on a casino website, claiming is actually quite simple because the money should get added to the pot on your account without any action from your side. Especially with small amounts, there will be no delay and you can then withdraw or continue to use these funds to play. When it comes to much larger winnings, each site will have their own withdrawal terms because they may have limits as we saw earlier. If you win more than the withdrawal limit, you won’t be able to remove it all in one go. With some platforms, you might even have to prove your identity before having access to the money.
The Effect of the Random Number Generator
When on the topic of online casinos, Random Number Generators (RNG) are a common theme but what exactly does this mean? Essentially, it is a piece of software that casino games use that recreates the randomness of picking cards at random or a sequence of numbers. In order for online casinos to operate, they have to promise randomness to the point where it cannot be predicted. For example, roulette tables would constantly lose money if the sequence was predicted by players. Without RNG and the related technology, fairness isn’t something that can be promised.
For some, they believe that betting limits should be in place to limit losses while others say that there should never be limits to how much one can bet in a single day or session. In recent years, we have seen the rise of ‘responsible gambling’ and TV adverts urging us to stop playing when the fun stops. As a result, we have also seen the introduction of limits per spin or per hand. For example, some sites will have a €10 per turn limit. However, there are still numerous games that have no limits at all. If we were to give advice to beginners, we would say that you should never need anything other than low limits unless you become a pro.
Tips for Success
Of course, success can never be guaranteed (partly down to the RNG) but we can provide some tips to help you along!
If you are serious about gambling, get into the habit of betting big and playing as regularly as possible. For the high rollers, they bet into the thousands and it all comes down to confidence.
Rather than withdrawing every €20 you earn, keep rolling the money over and keep it multiplying over time for best results.
On some sites, you will only have access to certain events or games with an invite so you need to earn a reputation for yourself.
Finally, we highly recommend finding the game at which you excel. Often, online casinos are a very unique experience in that some people can earn money on a roulette table while others prefer blackjack. On this note, we would recommend trying everything at least once whilst remembering that baccarat and three card poker are seen as the most profitable casino games.
Downloading Apps and Desktop Casinos
Throughout this guide, we have discussed how important technology has been for online casinos and another example of this can be seen with mobile and desktop apps. In truth, we prefer the desktop apps and programs since you have a larger screen to work with and you can see everything within seconds instead of scrolling and squinting at a tiny screen. Not only this, you can normally save your favourite widgets and settings to personalise your experience. Once you download the shortcut, you will have instant access to your favourite games.
If you are always on the go or find yourself away from home for a significant period of time each week, the mobile app can still be very useful. Luckily, most Irish online casinos offer both of these options so you are free to play these games regardless of what time it is or where you are in the world.
Advantages of ‘Instant Play’
Sometimes called ‘browser-based’ casinos, the instant play options have made great progress since first being introduced back in the day. Every year, we seem to see updates with software, memory, processors, and graphics so using a browser is now the easiest way to play online casinos. Although there are clear advantages to the downloadable option as we have discussed, browser is by far the most popular option and some brands are even talking about removing downloadable programs completely.
When everything took up less memory and we were happy to download casinos onto our computers, we always enjoyed getting the download started but this opinion is actually changing now. Without the need to take up storage on your device, all you need to do is open your web browser and click on a saved bookmark to get started which is just as easy as loading a pre-installed program. Furthermore, players also seem to enjoy the fact that they don’t have to do any upgrades manually because the games are constantly updated on the website.
Differences Between Mobile and Online Websites
For many developers, the transition from online to mobile proved to be very tricky but there are now options to play on-the-go without having to sacrifice any of the main features. Recently, there has been a rise in ‘HTML5’ which has allowed online casinos to mirror exactly what they have done on browser.
Once again, the increase in the amount of apps has been impressive and online casinos haven’t avoided this change. Although the apps are normally a streamlined experience for the user, it still allows them to have fun when away from their laptop or computer. For example, online slots can be accessed with all the basics. Depending on the casino, your experience will differ between browser and mobile app.
Mobile-Friendly Casino Games
As you can probably imagine, not all of the casino games can be played on mobile and this is due to limited technology and the small screen size. However, this is quickly changing and it could only be a matter of time before every game is available. With every app, you will find a handful of your favourite games and this list is quickly growing.
Best Mobile Devices
Finally, we have some advice for the best mobile devices for online casinos.
- iPad – Although a tablet, this device will allow you more options since the screen is larger and you can still take it with you wherever you go. Over the years, iPads have improved dramatically and they can be put onto your mobile phone plan for a small fee.
- iPhone – Nowadays, this is the most popular mobile device in the world and it could even be the most dominant we have ever seen. Regardless of whether you use an online browser or an app, an iPhone will allow you a very good experience and most of the classic casino games.
- Microsoft Surface Pro – Once again, we return you to the tablet side of the market and a second very good option. With this tablet, it is all about the graphics and this helps you to enjoy online casinos plus the fact that it has a large screen.
- Samsung Galaxy – Finally, this phone is second to only the iPhone currently and it boasts Android software which is something that some prefer.
- Conclusion – There we have it, your complete guide to online casinos in Ireland. As long as you follow the tips we have provided today, you will be in good hands and you have endless hours of fun just around the corner.